Program fees mainly help us cover the variable costs, such as food, accommodation, airport pick-up, in-country orientation, etc. The prices vary depending on your chosen volunteer project and duration. Using this we provide:
- airport meeting and transfer to project site
- comprehensive pre-departure information
- introduction to host family and program orientation
- accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- supervision and visa support letter
- Application review and processing
- support and guidance as well as 24 / 7 hour emergency back-up from staff
- all information before and during your time with us in Uganda
- regular culture activities (personal spending not included)
The price does not include visa, flight, vaccinations/immunizations, personal insurance (required), personal spending and in-country travel.
All prices in US Dollars (USD), here you can see all of the prices for the different projects available in Uganda:
|Care & Orphanage||$250||$570||$750||$950||$1150||$1310||$1470||$1870||$2270||$2670|
|Medical & Nursing||—||$570||$750||$950||$1150||$1310||$1470||$1870||$2270||$2670|
|Language & Culture||—||$600||$780||$1040||$1300||$1560||$1820||$2220||$2620||$3020|
Compared to other local and international volunteer organisation, OGVO fees are very affordable.
Volunteer & Intern Requirements
- You must be 18 years or over at the start of the program. For those who are 16 – 17 years old, we will need to receive consent from your parents via email or telephone before we can offer you a place on one of our programs.
- You must be able to speak English.
- You must at least have a high school education if you want to perform formal teaching activities to the local communities.
- Ability to respect and abide by the rules of the placement activity.
- Ability to adjust to difficult living and working conditions.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Should be able to work independently as well as in teams when there is the need.
Arrival and Orientation
Volunteers will arrive in Entebbe/Kampala and will be met by one of our staff members and will be transfer to your project site. A 2-day orientation program begins the day after arrival and includes the social structure of Uganda, lectures on political and economic history, survival language lessons, cultural do’s and don’ts, health matters, socially accepted behaviors, work ethics in Uganda, expectations of the institution and the host project. You will also visit sites of interest in downtown your project site.
Following orientation you will begin your volunteer service. Each volunteer is assigned a supervisor who will deal with matters such as culture shock, concerns of the volunteer or host project, project understanding and resolution of any problems or disputes. Volunteer service programs may last from 3 to 12 months depending on the program you choose.
Typical volunteer assignments may include teaching English or computer skills, developing library facilities, assisting with income generating activities, helping in a rural health post, working with abandoned children or AIDS orphans, teaching art, music, dance or sports. Accommodations may be with a host family or on-site, depending upon the location and nature of your volunteer assignment.
After submitting your application, NYE will contact you by email within 24 to 48 hours to inform you whether your application will be accepted. Once the application has been accepted we ask you to send or transfer a deposit of $200 (It is non-refundable if you choose not to go) of your total program fee within 7 business working days via money transfer (Western Union/MoneyGram) or to the organisation account below. The program deposit is later deducted from your total program fee. NYE guarantees you a placement. If not, we will refund your $200 program deposit. After receiving your deposit, we shall send you your program information, host family and other information to you in a reasonably possible time (at least one week). The balance of the total program fee is required 30-60 days prior to departure.
HOW APPLICATION PART/FULL PAYMENT COULD BE MADE:
Via Bank Transfer:
Please you can wire money to this bank account:
Send us an email for bank details on email@example.com
- Cancellation after acceptance and prior to placement confirmation – the deposit is forfeited.
- Cancellation after confirmation of placement – 50% of the program fee is forfeited.
- No Show or Early Departure from Program – 100% of program fee is forfeited.
If you have a serious problem, contact the office or ring your embassy and ask them for a list of doctors..
Contact your travel agent if you have problems
Finding an appropriate project where you can give a hand takes time and is often unfeasible to do from home. This can be frustrating, especially if you only have several weeks or months in the country. Because of our constant relationship with the projects, we can ensure you hit the ground running and make full use of your time overseas.
Drinking water for our volunteers is a matter we take gravely and make certain that volunteers drink fit treated water. Some companies are into the manufacture of such water that is fit treated and hygienically bottled or packed.
Generally, your host brother, sister or mother assist you with your laundry but it is not an obligation, learn to wash your clothing’s with your hands in several buckets, enjoy the sun drying your clothes and odor the African fragrance in your clothes.
Your Safety and Support
When you pay for the services of an organization like the NYE Uganda, you can be sure that whatever happens, there’ll be someone close by to help you out. This means that you can travel with self-assurance to Ghana that you might not otherwise have measured.